Horton Dental Practice’s dental hygienist will keep your teeth clean and gums healthy as well as supporting you and your family to maintain a good oral care regime at home.
Our hygienist is front line in preventative dental care. Making regular visits to see them will enable you to defend your teeth against decay and disease.
With advanced training, our hygienist will examine your mouth and refer you to the dental team if they note any concerns.
During an appointment
As well as answering any questions or concerns you may have, the hygienist will:
- Examine your teeth and gums to ensure there are no obvious signs of decay or disease
- They may ask if you’ve experienced any pain, discomfort, or bleeding when brushing
- If there is any plaque or build-up of tartar, the hygienist will remove this for you
- The hygienist will use cleaning and polishing substances on your teeth to thoroughly clean and polish the tooth enamel for a sparkling smile
- They can provide advice on your diet and general oral care routine. They will also recommend suitable brushes, flossing techniques and other dental products that can help improve your dental health
To book an appointment with our dental hygienist please call 020 8391 9222 or click here to contact us.